Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home is where you feel safe pooping

Well we just got back from our Austin trip. To anyone reading my blog entries in one fell swoop, it must appear that no time has passed between the planning of the trip and its conclusion. But obviously that is not the truth, so quit spreading it around, ok?

We really didn't do much while we were there. This was more of a "live as the locals live" than a "see the sights" kind of trip, which really meant there wasn't much carpe diem'ing but there was quite a bit of lounging around at the hotel being indecisive about where to go or what to do. Just like we were at home! The main difference being that there was no cat box to clean which is a benefit I will cherish any time I can.

But please don't think that we didn't have a good time. We were able to shovel plenty of pizza and burgers down our throats (unfortunately not at a competitive level) and spend a lot of time stuck in traffic. We got to see my sister and I spilled a full cup of Jamba Juice all over her living room floor and stood there like a statue while she and her roommate cleaned it up. Also I held three bodacious cats. So...

Was the highlight of my trip the hour long google chat I had with Carleen about American Girl dolls? Would it be rude if I said it was? Well - we can just call that my break from my vacation and just put it in a memory box of its own.

I am not doing this trip justice, obviously, but I can't think of anything to rant about and we all know that rants are where I shine.

No comments: