Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Popping in, popping out, popping corn

WHAT is this thing still doing here??

I should have known that ignoring a blog for a year wouldn't make it automatically disappear. Diaryland, circa 2002, anyone? Yeesh, why won't that thing die already.

Well it looks like 2011 is off to a roaring start... she safely said midway through the year. We went to England a few months ago, so that was fun. It was a wonderful trip that ended too soon. That is really all I can say about it without boring myself to sleep. Not that it was a boring trip - because it wasn't - but I just know that my retelling will omit all of the exciting bits and replace them with the forty minute conversations we had about what to eat or what was causing our black boogers. Not that those bits aren't exciting as well.... it's just... ugh I'm doing itttttttt.

I turned 28 last month, which was gross. When I turned 27, I accepted my "late twenties" status, but someone convinced me that I could still claim "mid twenties" so I did. Then when 28 happened and "late twenties" could no longer be delayed, I had no choice but to embrace my new age bracket with the same enthusiasm that a spoiled child might employ with a new and unwanted younger step-sibling. Only in the presence of others. In private... we do not get along. I don't really mind getting older, since it's a sign that I haven't died yet (which is helpful, because how else can you be sure?) but I start getting mopey when I think about my life and what I have/haven't accomplished. Sure, I published all those beloved children's books that are currently being turned into movies, I looked into the heart of the universe and I ran that weird marathon that somehow cured all those diseases, but what have I really DONE? I haven't done the backstroke in a shallow pool of snuggly puppies, is what. I haven't LIVED.

I had planned to write more but I want popcorn. Goodnight!

No comments: